Friday 18 September 2015

Friday Five: Fall Favorites

At this time of year I can't believe it's already mid to late September because I know it will be November before I can blink. Fall is one of my absolute favorite times of year for many, many reasons - but my top FIVE are below:

  • Number 1: Fall is x-country running and cyclocross season which usually means lots of lots of double header race weekends until the snow falls. Sometimes this means 2 races for me in one day (a noon and evening race) and a serious smashfest of my legs.


  • Number 2: NEW this year, I get to play support crew chief to BOTH my boys, as our Littleman has entered the world of CX along with his crazy parents. There is no better way to spend a weekend than cheering your lungs out and racing your butt off.



  • Number 3: The weather is usually beautiful, as we tend to retain some warmth before our long stretch into winter. I say usually because so far this year we've had a chilly fall. But I'm hoping it doesn't last - I'm not ready for winter yet!
  • Number 4: Post race rituals! We usually find ourselves heading home after a day of racing to cook a long relaxing family dinner. We put the tunes on and have some great conversation over tasty beverages and a good ol' game of Uno or Yahtzee! 

  • Number 5: Fall is {more} family time. This means extra time for playing, riding, cooking, chillin' and whatever new adventures come our way.



What are your fall favorites? Post race rituals? How do you celebrate a great weekend of family competition?



2 comments:

  1. Everything about this post makes me smile, Jenn; I love it!! I really hope you all get some nice weather before winter really sets in; I'm not looking forward to seeing you with icicles all over your face just yet - ha! I hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tara, that means a lot! And I too hope we don't have winter too soon! LOL.

      Delete